Fahrbericht F 800 GS

Allgemeine Sachen/Themen rund F 800 GS und der F 650 GS - 2 Zyl. 800 ccm.

Fahrbericht F 800 GS

Beitragvon Marc » 19.02.2008, 19:18

heute im DSF 21.15 Uhr!!!

Gruß
Marc 8)
Wir leben zwar alle unter dem gleichen Himmel, aber wir haben nicht den gleichen Horizont.
(Konrad Adenauer)

Die unsinnigste Verbindung zweier Kurven ist eine Gerade.
Marc

Motorrad: FZ1N

Beitragvon Tito_2000 » 19.02.2008, 23:01

Wäre schön gewesen, wenns ne F800 gewesen wäre, die hatten ja mehr Werbung als Sendung reingemacht und haben die ganze Zeit nur über Boxer geredet, Boxer hier Boxer da.
Das so ziemlich einzig Gute war, dass sie den Chris mit drin hatten, der hatte wenigstens dreimal F800 gesagt mein ich, aber das wars dann.
Tito_2000

Motorrad: F 800 S

Beitragvon Paule » 19.02.2008, 23:04

Die Vorfreude ist ja auch bekanntlich die schönste :cry:
Gruß
Paule
_________
F 650 GS
K 1200 S
Paule

Beitragvon waldbauer » 20.02.2008, 19:43

:cry: :cry:
Das DSF kann man als Fernsehsender total vergessen . Speziell wenns um Info -Sendungen wie Motobike etc. geht , machen die inzwischen fast 50 % der Sendezeit Werbepausen , die Beiträge werden x - mal wiederholt , gute journalistische Fernseharbeit ist total Fehlanzeige .
Ein kleiner Lichtblick sind die gelegentlichen Auftritte von Jumbo Schreiner und Wolfgang Rother , wobei letzterer bei seinen Autotests fast nur noch als Kriterium das "spooaatliche" in den Vordergrund rückt . Die Tracktests auf dem Augsburger ADAC - Gelände sind zwar lustig anzuschauen , sagen aber überhaupt nichts über die Qualitäten der getesteten Fahrzeuge aus . Es ist doch vollkommen nebensächlich , ob ein Fahrzeug einige zehntel Sekunden schneller ist als das andere , die Journalisten wollen sich halt mal austoben .
Zu später Stunde gibts dann eine Ratesendung nach der anderen für ganz Schlaue , wo man bei jedem Telefonanruf 50 cent los wird und garantiert nie durchkommt , moderiert wird das ganze von halbnackten Damen , die durchaus appetitlich anzuschauen sind .
Was hat das ganze denn noch mit "Sportfernsehen" zu tun ?

Gruß aus Oberbayern
Franz
waldbauer

Beitragvon Paule » 20.02.2008, 22:26

waldbauer hat geschrieben::cry: :cry:
Das DSF kann man als Fernsehsender total vergessen . Speziell wenns um Info -Sendungen wie Motobike etc. geht , machen die inzwischen fast 50 % der Sendezeit Werbepausen , die Beiträge werden x - mal wiederholt , gute journalistische Fernseharbeit ist total Fehlanzeige .
Ein kleiner Lichtblick sind die gelegentlichen Auftritte von Jumbo Schreiner und Wolfgang Rother , wobei letzterer bei seinen Autotests fast nur noch als Kriterium das "spooaatliche" in den Vordergrund rückt . Die Tracktests auf dem Augsburger ADAC - Gelände sind zwar lustig anzuschauen , sagen aber überhaupt nichts über die Qualitäten der getesteten Fahrzeuge aus . Es ist doch vollkommen nebensächlich , ob ein Fahrzeug einige zehntel Sekunden schneller ist als das andere , die Journalisten wollen sich halt mal austoben .
Zu später Stunde gibts dann eine Ratesendung nach der anderen für ganz Schlaue , wo man bei jedem Telefonanruf 50 cent los wird und garantiert nie durchkommt , moderiert wird das ganze von halbnackten Damen , die durchaus appetitlich anzuschauen sind .
Was hat das ganze denn noch mit "Sportfernsehen" zu tun ?

Gruß aus Oberbayern
Franz

Nichts, aber es wird trotzdem geschaut. In der Hoffnung vielleicht doch irgendetwas brauchbares zu sehen. Oder vielleicht um nicht doch noch etwas gutes zu verpassen. :wink:
Gruß
Paule
_________
F 650 GS
K 1200 S
Paule

Beitragvon ntvtom » 20.02.2008, 23:21

Ich habe gestern auf den Hinweis hin nach sehr langer Zeit (mehrere Monate) wieder mal DSF geschaut.

Fazit: immer noch die selbe Sch....e.
Reine Zeitverschwendung.

Das reicht wieder für eine ganze Weile. :?

servus
Tom
Honda NTV 650. 170.000 km. Und mit KARDAN!
ntvtom

Beitragvon Jean » 26.02.2008, 00:57

hier ein etwas kritischer Bricht aus England

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/mai ... ike123.xml

...aber: Ich habe längere Zeit in England gelebt und kann sagen: Es gibt nichts, was die Engländer nicht besser könnten und insofern wird alles, insbesondere wenn es aus Deutschland kommt, sehr, sehr kritisch betrachtet :wink:

Grüße, Jean
Zuletzt geändert von Jean am 26.02.2008, 01:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Jean

Beitragvon Jean » 26.02.2008, 01:10

und noch einer, der sich dafür umso besser liest - sehr gute Vergleiche hier drin!
Grüße, Jean :wink:

"The Tazzman has been away enduring more hardships in the interests of motorcycling and advancing an already awesome brand............
Just come back from Porratwogals and our International Dealer conference and the launch of the all fantastic F800GS & F650GS…

Did we ride them – hell yeah! These have got to be two of the most awaited motorcycles for a long time – and they didn’t disappoint, no Sir not at all.

First we rode the 800GS, we were lucky enough to have a small group of riders and somehow I ended up with all the off-road hotshots, they obviously had more faith in my talent – or thought that I got in before 04h30 in the morning!!!!

We were treated to some traffic and town riding first, the bike excelled here – one of my initial fears was that because of the 800GS’s off-road orientation, I thought it would suffer in the traffic – NOT, it’s great. Very flick-able, light clutch action, an even throttle action with good response and no ‘snatch and jerk,’ all in all – a good commuter.
Then it was to onto some awesome tar twisties to start – basically all rural roads in Portugal are twisties, if the gals didn’t have moustaches, I would move there in a nano-second!
But back to the bikes, on the twisty stuff it quickly put a smile on my dial, good solid feel, very stable in corners and considering I had not dialed the suspension in at all – it acquitted itself admirably. Tried scraping the pegs but couldn’t get them down – so there’s plenty of lean angle. My only criticism was the dive under hard braking – but then again bear in mind that I am used to my Adventure, which obviously doesn’t have any front-end movement under braking. I think riders of Japanese bikes or F650Gs’s and Dakars wouldn’t be worried at all by this.

After some twists and turns – we got into the real stuff, or stoff as our locals would say!
In terms of the terrain we rode – let me call it Orange Route – with honors, it covered everything from river crossings, rocks, climbs and descents, tight twists and turns, sand mud and gravel.
Now a lot of launch discussion amongst us had centered around the lack of pre-load and damping adjustment on the front, but I am very happy and proud to say that the bike doesn’t need it – this is one of the most well mannered front ends that I have come across….besides obvious alternatives like Carmen Electra!
I found the throttle response a bit snatchy off-road – possibly because I am again used to my big-bore Adventure, which is the opposite.
Good standing position, with an all so skinny waist that is like getting personal with an FTV model….the geometry has obviously had a lot of work done to it and is well balanced. It easily hops over logs and stones with a twist of the wrist and has great clearance, not even someone the size of Hein Kumm bottomed this one out and he’s 110Kg of strong Boere farmer!
The bike is uber-flick-able thanx to the low centre of gravity that the mid-mounted fuel tank has helped create, this has always been the secret to the surprising off-road ability of the GS range and gladly BMW have stuck to their winning formula.

This baby’s secret is one that we all agreed on – TRACTION!!!! I am not sure if the secret learned by the development of the G450X, was responsible for this – or it was just the same design team, but snakes alive – you wind open the throttle on this puppy and it just digs in and gets going, even with the tired Bridgestone trail universal tyres mine had on – it just hooked up and chucked, the guys that had the Michelin Annakees on expressed even more traction joy.
When we stopped for lunch – the same comment came from my teammates – they all loved how well you could dial in the power of the responsive 800 motor. Amongst these were the GS Skills Challenge series winners, Hein (Heidi Klum) Kumm and Roger (Rydaar Kanethebike Beerman) Kane-Berman, also with us were Braam (Smoooof) Smit and Chris (Hammerit) Hamman, no clowns off-road these!

After a sumptuous lunch that only BMW can do – we headed backwards on the same route (like mostly off-road) now mounted on the F650GS, mag wheels and all – yes I know all the BMW press has said that this is no off-roader, but off-road we took ‘em.
Let me tell you folks – this little wunderkind is the unsung hero, with my jaded cranium now fueled with Espresso and not beer, I found myself chucking this little bugger around on the dirt with a huge grin on my dusty lips.
For a bike that’s not meant to be off-road – this one took everything that I threw at her – sure it doesn’t have the suspension travel that the big brother 800GS has, but it still handled the dust proper.
If you’re a person who’s travelling down the West Coast and you see a dirt highway you want to investigate, but you’re worried coz your missus or some mates are on one of these – don’t be scared, the F650GS will handle it no worries mate. We ramped them, scraped them, bounced them across gravel and rocks, splashed them across water crossing and the tuff little buggers came out smiling!
Now the motor on this one is basically the same mill as in the 800GS, just de-tuned from 85 horses to 71 Bhp, is there a lot of difference in power – surprisingly not, but I do think that at Highveld altitudes it will be more noticeable. I have to tell you that current 650 owners are going to be over the moon with power difference between this and our ever faithful thumper motor.
If I thought that the 800GS was flick-able on the tar, you can imagine how the lower slung 650 performed. I tried the same trick as I did on the 800GS to see if I could get this puppy to scrape the pegs and be warned – it will if hard pushed hard, I nearly threw it away in trying – but in all credit to the bike, it came back well. To call this bike the future commuting Rolls Royce would probably sum it up neatly, the big difference between new and old 650GS is you won’t embarrass yourself on the breakfast run. Where the 650 of old was crying for Mommy at 160 Km/h the new one is breezing at that speed.

The summary of these two, I could live off-road with the on the 800GS – it is so easy to ride off-road for long time. Would I swop my Adventure for it – no sir, I travel too often off-road with my ever suffering gal as pillion and this is no Adventure when it comes to that.
To put it in simple terms, if I had to ride in the thick sand from Ponta d’Ouro to Maputo I would want to do it on this, if I had to ride to the start line on my bike I would want my Adventure please Mom, so you decide where you want to compromise.

My worries about the F800GS were:
The non-adjustable front end – no worries it is very capable.
The skinny-assed saddle – well it was surprisingly comfy and that’s coming from the mouth of someone who is used to the Gomma Gomma comfort of an Adventure saddle, we did a non-stop stint of about 150 odd kays.
The small windshield – okay for me it was a problem, I would like a bigger aftermarket screen fitted.
The height – it’s the same as the Adventure, but somehow it seems to sit lower maybe it’s the stance because of its Kate Moss waist. I am a “kort gat” at 5’8” and some change and I didn’t once look for the ground, again look what I normally ride – I think this whole seat height thing is way over-rated.

The F650GS concerns were:
The power – it’s not that much different from the 800GS, ample power and will readily please old 650GS riders. By the way I already checked if you can “hop” this model back up to big boetie spec…..but they changed the camshaft as well as the mapping – damn, I thought a quick ‘fish and chips’ conversion would fix it!
The screen – this one’s very busy at 160 Km/h if you hate nekkid bikes as I do, then get a bigger screen lads and lasses. Some love the wind, gimme a windshield mate!
The real life off-road ability – it’s deceptively great even though it has mag wheels, then again there’s another fallacy for you: - everybody thinks that mag wheels are a no-no for dirt riding, I think not. I mapped the green, red and black routes of our Sabi GS Challenge on my Adventure shod with mag wheels.
The silly name – make an 800cc bike and call it a 650GS, hell that can only come from the people that bring you a 318i with a 2.0 lire motor! This one is a salespersons nightmare.

If fuel tank range is the whole centre of your universe, don’t sweat it – the test bikes all came back under 4.5l Lt/100Kms and bear in mind they weren’t exactly ridden kindly!

Would you buy it if:

If you ride a Dakar – hell yes, this is the bike for you – a perfect transition with better power, better suspension and more ride-able weight.
If you ride a 650GS – I would slink right over to the new 650GS, oodles more power and if you want to do the long way up, get the 800GS, if you commute and occasionally ride a dirt highway - the new 650GS is your baby.
If you ride an Adventure – nah, the whole reason you bought the Big Daddy has not been matched, would you buy it as a second bike….well I would rather look at the XChallenge or wait for the G450X.
If you ride a R1200GS – okay this is the burning question amongst everyone, even the factory are worried about losing 1200GS customers to this. My 0.5 centavos says not, the 1200GS has a plush seat, great wind protection, it is very comfy for a passenger and let’s face it – most riders travel only dirt highways on it anyway. For this application, the 1200GS is surpassed by only the Adventure, why would you swap? However, if you want to do some more rugged riding/if the 1200GS is too heavy for you/if you willing to compromise the comfort of the 1200GS in exchange for more enduro biased riding, then you must change.
If you ride a 690 Adventure – you’re the prime candidate, you get a lighter, stronger, faster, less top-heavy bike with cheaper servicing, longer service intervals, better Dealer Network, BMW On Call and better re-sale value. Even some 950/990 riders might want to migrate because of the lower weight and better off-road capability, which is what might have attracted them to the orange marque initially.

Don’t hang around if you are interested as the waiting list is growing quicker that Mugabe’s misdemeanor list, small tip if you want your order to be taken seriously – put down a deposit, your order gets viewed in a stronger light!"

Attached Images

Beitragvon Der Bär » 26.02.2008, 05:19

In der Tat - netter Artikel. :D
Allzeit gute Fahrt! 8)

MO MEINT: Mit zwei Zylindern und 800 ccm der cleverste 650er-Motor der Welt.
Der Bär

Beitragvon Jürgen-aus-München » 26.02.2008, 15:45

@ Bär

Nachtschicht oder Schlaflosigkeit - Mails um 04:19 zu kommentieren - Respekt ...
Von der Tiger auf die kleine GS - my Future ...
Jürgen-aus-München

Beitragvon Der Bär » 26.02.2008, 18:25

Jürgen-aus-München hat geschrieben:Nachtschicht oder Schlaflosigkeit

...weder noch. Musste nur früh raus zu einem Termin... :roll:
Allzeit gute Fahrt! 8)

Der Bär

Beitragvon FR170 » 28.02.2008, 11:42

Wenn ich so früh wegen einem Termin raus muß bin ich froh wenn ich
im Schrank eine Unterhose finde und die Zahnbürste die richtige Körperöffnung. :shock:

Mein Laptop anschalten würde um diese unchristliche Zeit schon meine
Fähigkeiten übersteigen.
:lol:
FR170

Beitragvon Der Bär » 28.02.2008, 13:28

@ FR170

Tja... allzeit bereit... :wink:
Allzeit gute Fahrt! 8)

Der Bär

Beitragvon FR170 » 29.02.2008, 10:14

Heute kommt die neue MOTORRAD mit Fahrbericht zur F800GS raus.
http://www.motorradonline.de/heft#

Überschrfit: "Die wahre GS?"
FR170

Beitragvon Paule » 29.02.2008, 10:22

Na dann mal schnell zum Kiosk :wink:
Gruß
Paule
_________
F 650 GS
K 1200 S
Paule

Nächste

Zurück zu F800GS - F 800 GS - Allgemein - F650GS - 2 Zyl.